Hotlips takes home beverage award
By Christina Williams, Sustainable Business Oregon
Sustainable Business Oregon
Recognized for its use of fresh, local ingredients and its "off-kilter" branding, Hotlips Inc. announced Thursday that it landed the "best new carbonated beverage" award from industry trade group BevNET.
The sodas, which started out five years as an experiment to make efficient use of ripe fruit in a handful of the five-store pizza chain's restaurants, are made with refurbished 1960s-era equipment.
In 2008, the Portland-based company invested in a McMinnville bottling facility. The sodas are available in more than 400 retail and restaurant locations in eight states.
The flavors and their sources include:
• Apple: various orchards in Oregon and Washington
• Black Raspberry: Willamette Valley Farms
• Blackberry: Ayers Creek Farm in Gaston
• Boysenberry: various farms in the Willamette Valley
• Cherry: various farms in the Willamette Valley
• Pear: orchards in Rogue Valley
• Raspberry: various farms in the Willamette Valley
firstname.lastname@example.org | 503.219.3438
If you are commenting using a Facebook account, your profile information may be displayed with your comment depending on your privacy settings. By leaving the 'Post to Facebook' box selected, your comment will be published to your Facebook profile in addition to the space below.